Cursive fonts are usually referred to as joining writing or running writing, or simply handwriting. This font primarily gives a very personalized and homey touch in text. Considering most of the classic literature was written in cursive this font resonates with class and sophistication. The basic purpose of cursive writing was to create a smoother and quicker way to write.
Microsoft word (generally referred to as ‘Word’) is the most widely used software for writing texts and documents. When you install Word, there are plenty of preinstalled fonts and their different designs. It is a combination of straight or professional fonts and fun and light ones, depending on the type of text you want to write.
Cursive Fonts In Word
Microsoft word is an interesting software for writing your texts and documents as it supports almost all kinds of writing and allows great tools to work with to make your task easier. Among other fonts and designs, there is a variety of cursive fonts style to choose from. Choosing the best out of them has different implications, as it varies for which kind of text, it is being used for.
Cursive Fonts In Word For School
There was a time when almost all schools taught cursive style or joining handwriting in school and a lot of them still do. With the emergence of new technology and diverse methods of teaching, there is a need for handwriting fonts in Word that are as close to the one taught in school as possible. Following are some commonly used cursive font names for Word in school
- Twinkl Cursive Handwriting Font, this font is essentially the most appropriate cursive font for school. With the combined effort of teachers and industry experts, this font aligns with the national curriculum guidelines to assist with reading and writing amongst all age groups of students. It comes with a wide range of weights and styles to fit any as per the teachers’ requirements. Standing on the top of the list of cursive handwriting fonts for teachers, free download is also a bonus that makes it all the more convenient to use. This font is close with specified letter shapes taught in UK schools for reading and writing.
- Victorian Cursive Font, classic and chic are two words that describe this font the best. This font was originally introduced in the first edition of “the Teaching of Handwriting” First published in 1985. It is officially recommended by several State Schools. This font is a surprisingly efficient and workable skill to be taught in the class. By focusing on perfecting each letter, it helps in refining the writing abilities of students. This font is among those purposely created school fonts for teachers, which meets the demands for a creative and legible form of letter writing.
- Alex Brush has a stunning design that provides a beautiful flow in the text. Designed by founder and CEO of TypeSet it, has short ascenders and descenders which makes it both beautiful and legible. Especially when you are looking for a primary school font Microsoft Word, as for young students cursive can be notorious for being difficult to read. But this font is close to their normal handwriting and can be read more easily than the other cursive designs.
- Cedarville Cursive is another example of a font that is widely popular among students and teachers alike. Interestingly, this font is mainly based on the handwriting of a cheerful young preschool teacher. This font inflicts vibrance and joy while still maintaining restrained discipline. While most cursive fonts tend to incline towards elaborate designs and curves, this font is relatively simple which gives the closest feel to actual handwriting. Thus making it the most popular handwriting font in Word.
- Comic Sans, this rounded sans serif font have all the qualities of cursive yet simple formations of letters for example ‘a’ or ‘g’ make them the first choice for teachers. This font is great for teaching and learning materials, which is why it has been very frequently, infact, a bit too frequently. As it became popular, it was excessively used in texts and documents that a lot of times it was not even the appropriate font for a particular text. Because of this, typographers look at it scornfully whenever it is used and tend to avoid it themselves. But it is a very useful and legible font that it is still teachers’ most favorite font.
- Great Vibes, is mainly used by senior year or college students as it is a Unicode typeface that supports Latin script and its many variants. This font is not preinstalled in Word and you have to download it from Google fonts. When you look up school fonts for teachers, this font allows for both style and readability with its cleanly looping ascenders and descenders and classy uppercase form.
How To Download Cursive Font For Microsoft Word
You don’t necessarily get any cursive font that you would like to use in Microsoft word although it does provide a wide range of options to choose from. To download cursive fonts in Word, several websites offer various cursive fonts, amongst them, Google is a personal favorite of typographers and teachers alike. It offers thousands of fonts that can be downloaded free, to start downloading the fonts of your choice, you need to
- Go to Google.com in your search bar.
- Google Fonts repository will show up, thousands of font styles and designs will be opened, to be more specific, type cursive fonts style in the search bar
- Useful keywords such as ‘Handwriting’ or ‘Script’ can also be used to be more specific
- Now if you have found the font of your liking, click on it
- A font window will be opened, now click on the option “Download Family” the font will be downloaded.
- Mostly these files are downloaded as zip files, you need to extract the zip files before installing the font.
- If a Word document is already open you need to restart it to use your newly downloaded fonts.
Cursive Font In Word Copy And Paste
Cursive is a font style where the letters touch each other, these beautiful cursive fonts are pleasant to look at but they are different from the Word’s regular straight aligned letters and they are not a part of any standardized font set, which makes it difficult to copy and paste. For that, you have to use a cursive generator tool. The process is fairly simple and easy to use, any online cursive text generator will be able to help you with this. A simple tip could be, is to convert the Word file into pdf.
Cursive fonts are especially regarded as stylish fonts where all the characters of writing are beautifully joined. When cursives fonts are used in a document, the flowing letters will give the impression of a beautifully handwritten text. Although in this digital age, cursive handwriting had been abandoned by most schools, yet it is making a comeback to teach children for developing their written comprehension, and practice their fine motor skills. These fonts can be great to use in presentations and graphic design or photo design projects.